February 16, the 26th of the first month of the lunar calendar, Thursday!
here, read the world for 60 seconds every day!
1, Chinese disease control: in the hospital new crown related deaths of more than 80000, positive and deaths showed a downward trend, 13 days in the hospital new crown deaths fell to 9 cases, down 99.8% from the peak, nucleic acid positive rate to 1.6%;
2. Chinese Football Association: Each team should send the strongest team to play in the AFC Champions League and the Football Association Cup, and prohibit each team from abandoning the match without reason; “Sports Weekly” reporter Wang Qinbo: The Chinese Football Association has a 36% commercial commission in the world, and officials say AFC FIFA is even darker;
3 and 4 departments: primary and secondary schools and kindergartens do not set up canteens and supermarkets in principle;
4. Taiwan media: It was revealed that Gou Taiming wanted to return to the Kuomintang to participate in the 2024 general election, saying that quiting the party four years ago was “young and vigorous and impulsive”;
Gou Taiming (right) calls on Wang Jinping (left) on February 14. The picture is from Taiwan’s “United Daily News”
5. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs responded to “U.S. sanctions against Chinese companies in response to the unmanned boat incident”: The U.S. abused force and overreacted, and China will take countermeasures against U.S. entities that damage China’s sovereignty and security;
6. Foreign media: A nitric acid truck in the United States overturned and the nitric acid leaked on the truck. Officials asked people within a radius of 1 mile to take refuge. US experts: Ohio toxic chemical leakage will cause long-term harm;
The Arizona Department of Public Safety confirmed on the 14th local time that a truck carrying liquid nitric acid had a rollover accident in the area and the nitric acid leaked on the truck. Law enforcement has asked everyone within a mile radius of the spill to find shelter and has launched an evacuation effort.
7. South Korean media: After resuming the issuance of short-term visas for Chinese citizens to South Korea, South Korea is expected to lift other epidemic prevention measures for people entering China at the end of the month; Chinese Embassy in South Korea: Resume the issuance of short-term visas for South Korean citizens to China from February 18;
8. The governments of the United States, the Netherlands and Japan have reached an agreement to impose new export controls and restrictions on Chinese chip manufacturing. China Semiconductor Industry Association: Oppose the U. S.-Japan-Dutch agreement, which will cause incalculable harm to the global economy;
9, Japanese media: Japan’s Sakurajima volcano erupted again on the 14th, 2400 meters of smoke column more than a week ago. Mount Fuji volcano appears smoke jet;
On the 14th local time, the volcano in Sakurajima, Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan erupted again. Photo Source: Japanese Media Report Screenshot
10. On the 14th, a shipwreck occurred in Libya, causing at least 73 illegal immigrants to disappear, presumably or have been killed;
11. Japanese media: Japan will set up 4 new ammunition depots in the Self-Defense Forces facilities in Aomori and Oita prefectures this year, or 70 more in five years;
12. In the early morning of the 15th, a serious traffic accident occurred in Panama. A bus overturned and was seriously damaged, causing at least 33 deaths and 23 injuries. The bus was on board for multi-country immigrants;
13. Foreign media: The President of the Philippines on the 14th “on the Chinese side to take increasingly frequent and intense actions against the Philippine Coast Guard and fishermen” summoned the Chinese ambassador to express concern, China: is willing to continue friendly consultations to deal with maritime issues;
14. The White House admitted that the three UFOs recently shot down by US military planes have nothing to do with China, and they are probably not for malicious purposes, but for commercial or research activities;
15. Russia launched a large number of military balloons to confuse the Ukrainian air defense forces, and the Ukrainian air defense missiles are not enough. North American Air Defense Command: US troops intercepted 4 Russian warplanes near Alaska; EU: will launch the tenth round of sanctions against Russia, including for the first time the Iranian entity providing drones to Russia;
(The Russian army is inflating balloons) According to a report by the Eurasian Times on February 14, the Uzbek Air Force released a message showing that since China and the United States were in trouble because of the balloon incident, the Russian side obviously “followed suit” and began to use balloons. “Invade” Ukraine’s airspace.
[Weiyu] If you are determined to do something, don’t ask yourself and others whether it is worth it or not. Only if you are willing can you take it for granted, and only if you have no hesitation.