Creating a plan for your database schema is a good first step when starting a new project. Unfortunately, it can be a bit of a pain to use traditional diagramming tools like draw.io for this.
is perfect, and free to use. You can even create your diagrams just by editing the text in the left-hand pane, rather than having to spend ages trying to draw things out neatly. Personally, I just want to create a clean diagram that gets the necessary information across, rather than making something that looks pretty.
- Can create diagram from just editing text.
- easy to move the table blocks around if you want to change the look.
- Can export a MySQL or PostgreSQL schema to create your database from scratch.
- Can share public link with others.
- Can’t seem to use arrow keys or shift/ctrl-drag elements around to create perfectly straight lines.
- Can’t seem to share with a group of people to have a single diagram that everyone can edit. If they wish to edit the diagram, they have to edit it as a new instance so hard for everyone to keep on track.
- Doesn’t appear to recognize UUID as a type.