Written byJustin on September 29, 2016
Recently, I had a chat with Alan Klement about Jobs to be Done. Alan is writing a book on the topic
, it’s probably the best thing I’ve read this year.
Here’s our conversation:
We cover the following topics:
- What is Jobs to be Done?
- How does JTBD help us understand customer motivation?
How does JTBD help us build better products?
- B2C example. Wy does someone upgrade to the iPhone 7?
- B2B example. Why does someone hire MailChimp?
- How to unearth the struggle that customers are having.
- How to see opportunities for un-met jobs, and how to avoid tunnel vision (“We build CRM software, and that’s all customers will ever need.”)
- How do we transition from JTBD to product development and marketing? How does the handoff work?
Here are a few notes: