Game Troopers, the publisher behind virtual reality (VR) first-person shooter (FPS), Overkill VR, has announced that the title will now support the PPGun controller by Shenzhen Simeng Technology Co., Ltd.
Helping to provide a greater level of immersion for VR players, the PPGun integrates the same buttons that a HTC Vive controller has. So that players can reload, shoot, use support items and change the weapon quickly and efficiently n the heat of combat.
The update for Overkill VR to support PPGun also includes
- Mixed reality recording works with PPGun
- Pressing space will change the camera tracker for recording in Mixed Reality.
- Machine gun levels redesigned for PPGun version, now players are able to aim and shoot with PPGun and the machine gun will follow all their moves.
- Position of the guns readapted to improve the immersion and aim through the gunsight.
- New tutorial for PPGun players.
So while this could add to the overall experience there’s one small cravat, and that’s availability. The PPGun website doesn’t have a price, simply referring customers to its contact details. However PPGun did run an IndieGoGo , looking to raise $20,000 USD which was unsuccessful. Here the rifle retailed for $338 including the Vive Tracker.
As VRFocus learns more about PPGun and where to buy it, we’ll let you know.
Overkill VR Integrates Support for PPGun Controller