南歌子 发表于 2016-10-14 22:06:42
To gather insights on the state of web application development today, we spoke to 13 executives from 12 companies developing web applications or providing web application development tools to their clients.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？立即注册
Specifically, we spoke to:
Samer Fallouh, Vice President, Engineering and Andrew Turner, Senior Solution Engineer, Dialexa| Anders Wallgren, CTO, ElectricCloud| Brent Sanders, CEO, Fulton Works| Charles Kendrick, CTO, Isomorphic Software| Ilya Pupko, V.P. of Product Management, Jitterbit| Faisal Memom, Product Marketing, NGINX| Bruno Correa, IT Coordinator, Ranstad Brazil| Craig Gering, Vice President, Engineering, Sencha| Joachim Wester, Founder, Starcounter| Michael Morris, CEO, Topcoder| Greg Law, CEO, Undo| Alexey Aylarov, CEO, Voximplant
When we asked them, "What are the technical solutions you use to develop web apps?," here's what they told us:
What are the technical solutions you use most frequently to develop web applications?
- In-memory platformproduces AI and automates the collapse of the stack accelerating the time to market.
- We use OutSystemsfor all web application development.
- We help with entry-level load balancing. Dockermakes things easier and faster. Docker Hub has prebuilt application components.
- Open source base frameworksare quicker and bug free. We also like user prototyping tools like Envision and Lookback where we can see the person’s face while they’re interacting with the app. We can see their expressions.
- We use our platformfor many of our own needs. As many would say, “We eat our own dog food”, and we are proud of it! We are big proponents and supporters of open software and platforms and some other tech of note would be Nginx, Angular, Docker, NodeJS, and many others, of course.
- Server-side is less dumb terminals where tools and capabilities reside to provide customer visibility into what’s going on. We’ve gotten much better at testing code. It’s now best practice to have CI test driven development, Agile development used to be done by one percent of companies is now done by 90%. We do more load testing than we used to. Two or three orders of magnitude more tests than 10 years ago – that’s a sign of maturity. Another part of simulating what happens to the app during testing versus scaling up to peak load which is difficult to replicate under test. During scale-up, multiple factors are changing at once. Multiple servers are mapping between server-side and client-side – web apps, microservices, combinations increase exponentially. How to quickly diagnose in-production issues. Prevention is better than care. It’s great to see the industry moving in this direction. Get visibility into the deployment and test and map together. Correlating failures is very useful. Debugging costs the industry $156 billion per year according to Cambridge University research.
下一篇：Ubuntu 16.10: The Linux for the cloud and containers arrives