您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？立即注册
AccelFoods has a new cohort of food-focused startups
With food technology and startups becoming a greater focus for an increasing number of investors, AccelFoods , the investment fund focused on new food brands, has announced its latest cohort of companies.
The new cohort brings AccelFoods’ portfolio to 26 branded food startups. The firm, which launched in January 2014 with $4.1 million, now has over $25 million under management.
- Brami : is a New York-based company that has repurposed an ancient Roman snack for modern consumers. Roman soldiers ate lupini beans as a source of protein on marches. The beans have the highest protein per calorie of any plant on earth, according to AccelFoods.
- Kidfresh : Another New York-based company, KidFresh is targeting the snackables set with nutritious frozen meals and snacks for children.
- New Pop : is a New York-based popcorn brand.
- Mansi : Based on the calamansi fruit enjoyed in SouthEast Asia ( especially the Philippines ) Mansi is selling the first Calamansi juice beverage (similar to orange juice) available in North America.
- The Toasted Oat : is a Columbus, Ohio based maker of soft-baked granola.
- SkinnyDipped Almonds : is a Seattle-based maker of chocolate covered almond treats using high end ingredients.
Investments from the firm range from pre-seed capital commitments of $50,000 to seed stage investments of up to $2 million. The New York-based AccelFoods continues to target companies that operate in nutrition, alternative proteins and snacks, frozen and confectionary sweets, and portable meals.