Below you can findRisingStack’s collection of the most important Node.js updates, projects, tutorials & Node related conferences from this week:
Mikeal Rogers has been with the Node.js Foundation since day one. His job as community manager for the foundation involved hands-on oversight of operations, from communications and marketing to conference planning, to running board meetings
Rogers spoke with The New Stack to talk about his experience getting started in the open source world, working at the Node.js Foundation and becoming an open source governance principals guru.
This tutorial teaches how you can build, structure, test and debug a Node.js application written in TypeScript. To do so, we use an example project which you can access anytime later.
I’m sure you’ve heard the news by now, npm5 is here and it’s faster, stabler, and more secure than ever!
The “Testing Node.js Applications” course takes four weeks, with 2-hour webinars (3 in total) and a 1-on-1 session tailored for your special needs.
This course is for you if
- you want to learn how to properly test Node.js applications,
- you want to ship software with fewer bugs,
- you want to work on features more instead of fixing bugs.
By the end of this tutorial, you’ll be able to type $ generate anywhere on your computer, choose which starter project you want to create and what name you’d like to give it, and it will be created for you.
In this post, I’ll walk you through how to create a simple project generator built with NodeJS that can be installed globally on your computer and used to create a starter project wherever you want, whenever you want.
Monica Ene-Pietrosanu of Intel discusses how Intel uses Node.js, and the company’s efforts in contributing to open source technologies and diversity.
Or how I obtained direct publish access to 13% of npm packages (including popular ones). The estimated number of packages potentially reachable through dependency chains is 52%.
In this post, I speak about three ways of gathering credentials — bruteforce attack, known accounts leaks from other sources (not npm), and npm credentials leaks on GitHub (and other places).
- Eyeo Festival , Minneapolis, Minneasota (US) – 26-29 June
- JSConf China , Shanghai, China – 15-16 July
- Node Summit , San Francisco, California (US) – 25-27 July
- Full Stack Fest , Barcelona, Spain – 4-8 September
- Nordic.js , Stockholm, Sweden – 7-8 September
- Node.js Interactive North America , Vancouver, British Columbia – 4-6 October
- GitHub Universe , San Francisco, California (US) – 10-12 October
- NodeConf Argentina , Buenos Aires, Argentina – 26-28 October
- NodeConf EU , Kilkenny, Ireland – 5-8 November
Source: The Node Foundation Newsletter
Previously in the Node.js Weekly Update
In the previous Node.js Weekly Update we read about two factor authentication with Node.js, Hacker Habits, the latest Node.js Survey, and much more..
We help you to stay up-to-date with Node.js on a daily basis too. Check out ourNode.js news page and its Twitter feed !